There is nothing more annoying or worse than having a slow type of connection that is non-responsive and very slow. How does one go about remedying this problem? The answer is abundantly clear. A person must find some very valuable information on how to increase their existing connection to the internet. Because, to be honest, when a system is moving fast and getting things done. People will not tend to get aggravated or frustrated with their computers overall performance at the end of the day. What are some top 10 tips for a faster connection? Please read on to learn more. You will be very glad that you did. Simple as that.
What are some top 10 tips for a faster online connection. They are:
- Do know and understand what your maximum speed is – Broadband is something that does tend to degrade in speed. Why is that? The answer is this. The farther away that the line is from the exchange can make this happen. Make sure that connection number you are told to expect does go higher than the ones you have been experiencing regularly.
- Do know what the difference is between bits and bytes – Bits and bytes may sound sort of alike. However, they are very different from each other, and aren’t at all the same. For instance, there are 8 bits in one byte, and one kilobit is one thousand bits. A kilobyte is 1024 bytes. There is also a significant difference where the listed speeds are concerned to for broadband.
- Check out what your download allowance is in actuality – Do make sure that your service provider hasn’t put a cap on your speed. Why would an online service provider do this? The answer is this. They can do this, if you have exceeded your monthly allowed usage, or if you have done the same with regards to your traffic management policy.
- Make sure that you don’t have any existing programs running on your mac – If you have any programs running without knowing it. They can indeed prove to be the very thing to take away from the overall speed and performance of your computer. Some of these applications can take over your connection by doing updates or getting data to download in some way.
- Determine if your anti-virus is up to date or not – You do need to make sure that your anti-virus is always up to date and guarding your system. Because, if the anti-virus isn’t working properly or being updated properly with virus definitions, it can prove to be the very thing to invite Trojans and viruses to hijack your connection and make it slow.
- Check for other devices using your connection – It isn’t just about programs and viruses using it. There can also be other devices using it as well. What are these other devices? They can be TV on demand services or a game console that is downloading different things.
- Make sure to have a password protecting your WIFI network – If you don’t have a password protecting your WIFI connection or network, it can prove to become the very thing, which can indeed take away from the overall speed of your connection in essence. Why is that? The answer is clear. Someone could hitch a free ride on your WIFI connection, and rob it, of its bandwidth in a big way. What this will do is to lessen your own connection.
- You should upgrade to a router that is of much better quality – If you have a router or modem that is cheap in description, and which, your service provider does permit you to use on a regular basis. You do need to strongly consider replacing it with a router or modem that is of a much higher quality than your existing one is.
- Never use any cables – Make sure to never connect your router or modem to an extension cable. If cables are of poor quality, they are sure to do one thing, and this thing is to cause lessening in connection capability.
10. Make sure to use micro-filters – All devices in the house, which are of a phone, faxes, digi-boxes, and other things that are electronic should be connected to micro-filters. Why use micro-filters? The answer is simple. Micro-filters prevent any other devices from interfering with you